Thread: Stock fit. Barrel Channel

Stock fit. Barrel Channel

Looking at different synthetic stocks most seem to have same problem anything I can find to fit 4.4 center feed with DM
    are all for varmit weight or heavy barrels
    I really like the Bell an Carlson M40 but same problem
    I was wondering if I went with a #2 barrel instead of a #1 how bad would it sit in the over size channel
    it would eliminate bedding anything but the lug
    this rifle is being built to be a light weight under 8lbs scoped really would like to come in at 7
    Old Smokey

Can't believe no one has any opinion on rather this would work or it would look really bad
    Old Smokey

Basic Member
    I have a few heavy sporter barrels in stocks opened up for heavy barrels. I think they look fine. But then again, I tend to open my barrel channels up more than most people and favor function over looks in most cases.

x
    Quote Originally Posted by foxx View Post
    I have a few heavy sporter barrels in stocks opened up for heavy barrels. I think they look fine. But then again, I tend to open my barrel channels up more than most people and favor function over looks in most cases.
    Yea I open mine up as well
    CBI has a light varmit that is same weight as heavy sporter at 3.5 lbs for 24 inch I am planning 22 inch
    it's a 1 lb gain over Sporter Have so see what the weight diff is from the B&c or the Boyd's
    Old Smokey

Basic Member
    Bigbuck
    The CBI weights on the contour chart are not correct for Savage. They are working to correct but a light varmint will weigh 4# and the heavy sporter 3.5#. I have both.

Congratulation's! You've stumbled across the same conundrum that I have pertaining to building a lightweight Savage with a decent synthetic stock for hunting. McMillan won't build anything with their Edge fill for a Savage. Manners won't build a MCS-EH8 for a Savage. Manners will build you a MCS-SL, but only in right-hand (I'm a lefty) and only for a 4.40" short-action and only with their BDL Mini-Chassis that adds weight.

As much as I hate to say it, a factory AccuStock is probably going to be the best you'll find in a lightweight synthetic for a Savage at this time and they're really not considered a LW stock.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by LRPUT View Post
    Bigbuck
    The CBI weights on the contour chart are not correct for Savage. They are working to correct but a light varmint will weigh 4# and the heavy sporter 3.5#. I have both.
    Thanks actually changed my order to a shelin heavy sport
    Old Smokey

Quote Originally Posted by MrFurious View Post
    Congratulation's! You've stumbled across the same conundrum that I have pertaining to building a lightweight Savage with a decent synthetic stock for hunting. McMillan won't build anything with their Edge fill for a Savage. Manners won't build a MCS-EH8 for a Savage. Manners will build you a MCS-SL, but only in right-hand (I'm a lefty) and only for a 4.40" short-action and only with their BDL Mini-Chassis that adds weight.

As much as I hate to say it, a factory AccuStock is probably going to be the best you'll find in a lightweight synthetic for a Savage at this time and they're really not considered a LW stock.
    yea prob just go with a Boyd's feather weight I have 3 of them and I like them
    Old Smokey