Not a picture, but a video

Shooting my Model 10 Precision Carbine.

Very nice.

Where are you shooting ?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero333 View Post
    Very nice.

Where are you shooting ?
    North Cascades. It's not easy to find a good long range spot because of the blanket forest.

Nice work but don't you know the barrel on the PC isn't long enough to reach that far.
    Too much velocity loss etc etc....

Love mine. It's an out of the box 1/2" gun with the right load, handles great in the field and a game slayer.... Even though the bolts on the wrong side LOL
    A good wife and a steady job has ruined many a great hunter.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by big honkin jeep View Post
    Nice work but don't you know the barrel on the PC isn't long enough to reach that far.
    Too much velocity loss etc etc....
    Yah, I've heard all that. I, at least, want to give it a try and see how far I can take it. Isn't that the fun part?

Basic Member
    An interesting observation.

This thread has been viewed just over 1000 times. I can't be certain how many of those are repeat views and were only visits to view replies but, my YouTube video shows as only having been viewed 105 times. Doesn't really seem to add up to me. Is this the shadow banning of gun content that some speak of?

It could be in part due to some YouTube anti-gun Tomfoolery. My recently published final review article w/embedded video for the 110 Tactical has over 400 views here on this site, but the same video is only showing 5 views per YouTube stats. I know my videos aren't exactly captivating or exciting, but I would imagine more than three or four people who read the article viewed the video as well as I know at least one of those five views was my own to make sure it uploaded properly.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    I'm starting to wonder if it has something to do with the medium through which one watches it. When embedded in a forum, does only the first view count? Are all subsequent views not considered additional viewings? Maybe views are only counted if an individual actually views the video from YouTube. I don't know. It's just something I noticed and found intriguing.

Team Savage

Quote Originally Posted by Baller View Post
    I'm starting to wonder if it has something to do with the medium through which one watches it. When embedded in a forum, does only the first view count? Are all subsequent views not considered additional viewings? Maybe views are only counted if an individual actually views the video from YouTube. I don't know. It's just something I noticed and found intriguing.
    Watched your video 4 times, once from within the forum, and 3 times in separate tabs using the direct URL. Refreshed after each of the last 3 and view count remained at 105.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilC View Post
    Watched your video 4 times, once from within the forum, and 3 times in separate tabs using the direct URL. Refreshed after each of the last 3 and view count remained at 105.
    Makes you wonder....

Team Savage

Up to 121 views this morning, guess that's positive news.

Basic Member
    I don't put a great priority on views, I really just do it for fun. I just found the discrepancy in the number of views puzzling.

p.s. I love your little corner of the world. I grew up not far from it, spent 9 years of college in it and visit with relative regularity. Beautiful country.

Team Savage

We love it here and not many places we'd rather live, though north Cascades is beautiful country too. Grew up on the west side, still have family there, but my vehicle has a problem because the steering wheel pulls hard left about the time I crest Snoqualmie. My family would rather come here anyway and that's just fine with us.

Enjoyed your video hope to see more.