Thread: Model 25 22 hornet scope elevation problem

Model 25 22 hornet scope elevation problem

Have a newly purchased 25 in 22 hornet have always wanted something in that caliber. Problem I have is that after trying two scopes and two different sets of rings you can not get either scope to adjust down far enough. With both bottomed out on elevation adjustment you are still 6" high at 100yds. Took the factory mounts off and reversed them front to back reversed rings tried two different sets of rings and two different scopes all with same results.

Any ideas on what hat to do next guess I could shim the scope but not sure what else to do. Would think a new rifle would work. Shoots great groups at 25yards same hole. Hate to send it back but not sure where to go from here.

Basic Member
    the fix is in the bases not the rings.

Basic Member
    I have had some Savages that were way out of alignment and I ended up putting shims on top of the bases in between the base and ring. I don't like placing the shims between the receiver and base in case it marks/scratches the receiver. I then use JB Weld epoxy to mount the scope so it has a "perfect" bed in the bottom ring to rest on. Google mounting gun scopes with epoxy. I have never had this alignment issue with Wby Vanguards or Tikka. If you use alignment bars you can quickly see how out of line the rings are, and being out of line will put a lot of stress on the scope.