Thread: Cabelas 12FV

Basic Member

Cabelas 12FV

Does anyone know how often these go on sale? i just missed the last one. I can order one for $399 right now but i'm not really in a hurry.

They're normally priced at $420.00 in my local store, so you're still getting a great deal. The Basic Axis is almost as much, and the FV is 3 times the rifle IMO.

Basic Member
    I have seen them go on sale once a year at least for 369 for the past couple of years.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    yeah, i don't know if I can hold out until next July

Don't wait... you never know how long they will keep making them, especially if you can find the caliber you want right now.

Basic Member
    I would not wait for 30 bucks... that is cheap.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    Went down to Cabelas and put one on layaway. Got a 5% Military discount and used a $20 off coupon.

Basic Member
    If you want to save another 15%, go to giftcardgranny.com and buy some Cabelas gift cards at discount. You can use the online printed gift cards as cash for your purchase (you don't have to use a plastic gift card). Save you another $50 or more.
    Banning a gun will not solve what is a mental health crisis inflamed by incendiary rhetoric on social and television media. The first amendment in this case is less precious and more likely the causal factor than the second amendment.

Cabela's August sale starts 8/17 thru 8/30. I just got the flyer today. The 12FV is not listed, but the 10T-SR tactical on sale for 549.99

Basic Member
    I have a savage m11, savage axis both .308 and fb10 stealth in 6.5... I will never buy anything other than savage... for the money you cannot touch their quality... if you look, alot of people that compete with custom rifle build their rifles around savage actions... I may suggest to you going with the m11/111 because it has the accutrigger which is easily comparable to any of the best trigger systems or mods out there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ted_Feasel View Post
    I have a savage m11, savage axis both .308 and fb10 stealth in 6.5... I will never buy anything other than savage... for the money you cannot touch their quality... if you look, alot of people that compete with custom rifle build their rifles around savage actions... I may suggest to you going with the m11/111 because it has the accutrigger which is easily comparable to any of the best trigger systems or mods out there.
    Ted, The FV is also an accutrigger. It also comes with a heavy barrel right from the factory. It is the best platform to start from these days as they come in about $200 less than the 11/111..

Basic Member
    Nice... I may look into one... I know every Savage that I own and have owned I've never been anything less than happy with it I think hands down they got to be one of the best if not the best rifles out there for the money

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    By me they seem to go on sale around Christmas, and around fathers day, if thats any help.

Basic Member
    The model 12FV actually comes equipped with the varmint accutrigger which adjusts to a lighter pull than the model 11 with the standard accutrigger. However a model 11 can be easily retrofitted with the varmint spring, often incorrectly called the "target accutrigger spring" from at least one online source that I made a purchase from.
    Banning a gun will not solve what is a mental health crisis inflamed by incendiary rhetoric on social and television media. The first amendment in this case is less precious and more likely the causal factor than the second amendment.