Thread: Top bolt release action in bottom bolt release stock

Basic Member

Top bolt release action in bottom bolt release stock

I have 111 in .270 in a factory plastic stock. I was wondering if icould put it in a stock for a bottom bolt release. I know id have to file in a slot for the bolt release. Is there any other work in the trigger guard area that would have to be done? There are a ton of stocks on numrich, but almost all of them are for bottom bolt release. Thanks

Basic Member
    Nothing you couldn't handle with a file and Dremel if there was work to be done.

I have a BBR Stock in my shop that is just sitting in the corner with all my other crappy stocks. Came off a Model 10T. Make sure you aren't just getting another crappy stock from Numrich. Mine is the plastic "accustock".

Team Savage
    A Savage top bolt release, center feed action will fit into a CF, bottom bolt release stock. As noted, you will need to dremel out an inlet for the TBR arm. You should not have to modify the TG inlet. If you have the old-style TG (thin front lip) you may have to put a washer or use bedding to raise the front of the trigger guard level with the bottom of a BBR stock.

Basic Member
    Is the bottom metal inletting any different?

Team Savage
    Yes they are slightly different depending on which TG you have. The TBR action and stock inlet was for the old-style TG with thin front lip. The BBR, CF stock inlet is deeper under TG to accept the BBR TG which has the thicker front lip. The BBR TG is slightly wider than the old-style trigger guard. So if you are going to put a TBR, CF action in a BBR, CF, DBM stock, you will need to make sure you order the DBM frame assembly (surround) with the thicker rear lip so that the old style TG sets flush with the bottom of the stock. The following article in FAQ shows the differences. http://www.savageshooters.com/conten...Parts-Tutorial