I picked up the Cabela 12FV in .223 during the last sale. And may I say, actually buying the gun from there was the worst gun buying experience I have ever encountered. It took over an hour to pickup the rifle and check out. It was the most laborious check/confirm/recheck/confirm/manager approval/check/more manager approval.... They really need to get their process down.

But the rifle itself, loving it. I was really having a hard time on deciding what stock to get. And then I found a "blemished" Bell and Carlson on sale at Midway for $50 less than normal. I have been over it and can't tell just what the blemish is supposed to be. Maybe it was the lack of an instruction manual? The 12FV hardware all transferred over beautifully, except for the blind magazine locking tab. I had to file down the tab that fits over the rear action screw....it was a bit too wide for the channel in the stock. I may still at least bed the lug as there is some fore/aft movement when you lay the action in the stock. For all I know the lug is snugged back against the aluminum bedding block when the screws are torqued down, but who knows. And I love the jeweled bolt...great look on an otherwise all black rifle.

I grabbed a Nikon 4.5-14 scope off another rifle until I get something dedicated for this build and took it to the range. Obviously with the weight of the barrel and the B&C stock it's a very soft shooter. Using some Defender 69gr SMK and Fiocchi 50 gr V-Max ammo I was able to get several sub .6" 5 shot groups.

Fun gun and highly recommended!