Thread: Aftermarket stock/chassis and PMAG???

Aftermarket stock/chassis and PMAG???

Hey guys,

New to the forum here and new to the custom Savage world. I've had a Savage Axis ii 270 win for about 5-6 years now and it has shot like shit since day one! I thought about selling it but now since coming across this forum and seeing all the things you can do to the Axis I'm thinking of building something out of the action because, why not right?

Anyways, this brings me to my question... Does anyone make a stock or chassis the will take a .308 style PMAG? I have an AR-10 and a ton of magazines so if I can use these without having to buy AICS mags that would be great!

Thanks for looking!

Basic Member
    Yes, take a look at MDT Tactical, XLR Industries, they make several chassis systems for Axis. I'm sure I'm leaving out several others.
    They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Not sure if the chassis will work with stagger feed mags. But, my Ruger precision does and it works very good.

You are looking for a chassis that will fit an Axis action and utilize DPMS/Knights or Armalite pattern magazines?
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

It's been a while but some time back I saw where a guy took a polymer AR lower and cut it up and with the help of some epoxy fitted it to his factory stock so that it would accept P mags. Pretty sure his project was in .223.
    A good wife and a steady job has ruined many a great hunter.

Well I was looking for a chassis to fit the Axis but since posting this I've changed to a Model 10 action and found that nobody makes a chassis thats fits the AR platform mags. Other than the Ruger. And I really want to build something instead of buying a complete rifle. Sooo I guess I will just have to buy new mags.

Quote Originally Posted by big honkin jeep View Post
    It's been a while but some time back I saw where a guy took a polymer AR lower and cut it up and with the help of some epoxy fitted it to his factory stock so that it would accept P mags. Pretty sure his project was in .223.

Yeah I stumbled across that thread and it seemed way to involved for what its worth. And I believe the guy who did it even said it wasn't worth it after all the work. I think my time is better spent shooting than 3 weeks on a modified stock.

Quote Originally Posted by snowgetter1 View Post
    Not sure if the chassis will work with stagger feed mags. But, my Ruger precision does and it works very good.
    I really wanted a Ruger and while I was looking at it I picked up the Tikka T3 Tac A1. The action on that thing felt so smooth, I fell in love with that rifle! It will be next on my list.