I posted this on a Savage Facebook page just in case it looked familiar to anyone. Just curious if anyone here had a similar issue.

I got a brand new Savage 10fcp i put about 60 rounds through. Fired 10rds All of a sudden the bolt is jammed. I get it to release, the casing ejects, gunpowder goes flying and the bullet is still in the chamber. I pushed it out it wasn't stuck. I figured bad round. Shot 5 or 10 more it happens again, then swapped ammo boxes and shot a few more. It happens a 3rd time. WTH.

It's Federal gold match 168gr. It's really odd. Bolt gets stuck, get it to move, casing Flys out, bullet in chamber. No markings what so ever in bullet or case. When I pulled the trigger the firing pin clicked also . No strike on primer.

So i get home clean gun and lube it all up. I measured several rounds from the boxes all measured 2.80. I loaded up the mag and cycled 49 rds through with no problem. Only difference is that I didn't pull trigger.

Called Savage, they say nothing other than send it in with a 6 week wait wth i just got it lol.

I called Federal, they want me to send 2 unfired boxes and the 3 that this happened to for them to inspect. I'd rather it be an ammo problem for obvious reasons.

So I'm going to range with 2 other savage owners this Saturday to try the same ammo {we split a case} just to see if was the ammo. I bought some Hornady to try as well. I sure hope it's not the gun. I'll soon find out.