Thread: hog hunter 10 round mag with savage parts - question from germany

hog hunter 10 round mag with savage parts - question from germany

hello everybody,

my name is stefan, i am from germany, and the autum hunting season starts soon.

i own a .308 hog hunter, which is my favorite rifle for hog hunt, the only thing is loading unloading the internal mag, because, while hunting, we move around in cars from place to place, snd i like it unloaded while driving.

i want to convert to 10 rounds detachable mag, only with savage parts. i have a hogue stock with aluminium bedding and inlet for mag and two 10 round savage mags, i just need the part numbers form savage for the needed parts to be changed.

i can not get all the good stuff you use over here, but i can order savage parts, sp i have to go thst way.

can somebody of you please advise, which parts i need ?

i have read carefully all posts concerning thst mod, but it all ends for me in mods not using savage parts.

thsnk you and best regsrds from the other side of mther esrth,

stefan

http://www.savageshooters.com/conten...Parts-Tutorial

In the link it's explained the difference between some of the bottom metals and how to identify which one you need. Also it has the SAVAGE part numbers for the bottom metals.

Maybe it will help maybe not.

Greetings from Canada and Welcome to the forum !

Team Savage
    The Savage Hog Hunter has top-side bolt release and center feed blind magazine. To convert to a Savage 10-Round DBM, you need a SA DBM metal frame assembly (P/N 106705), Savage 10-Round magazine (P/N 110570) and SA metal Magazine bottom cap (P/N 106245) to convert your current blind box magazine to DBM as a spare. You will also need the front DBM action screw (P/N 105829). Might a well get the new style metal TG with the thick front lip for a TBR action while you at it (P/N 107217 ????). Savage Arms no longer allows you to go online and plug a rifle S/N to pull up the schematic and order direct. I would call Savage Arms Parts to confirm the part number are correct.

hello guys, thank you for all comments.

i bought 2 magazines 10 rounds, # 110930 savage. know i see in the post from jpdown, that there is also #110570 magazine 10 rounds.

i can not see any difference when i check photos. can anybody tell me, what is the difference, or is there no difference ?

concerning the mod parts, i will go with parts you advised.

thank you from the other side of the atlantic !

stefan