Thread: Conversion of Short Action Mag to Blind Mag

Elkbane

Conversion of Short Action Mag to Blind Mag

I have a short action 300WSM with a removable magazine that I'm considering replacing the stock to one that has a bling mag. This is one of the 300WSM's with a standing ejector.

I think all I need is a magazine box and follower to do this. Can someone confirm that this is correct?

Also, will any S/A magazine box work or is there a special one for the WSM's? If they are the same , I'll rob one from my other actions while I make a parts order. If not, I'll just have to wait......

Thanks for the quick guidance. On my current stock, the woood behind the rear pillar has developed a split (the wood is reallt thin there in the removable magazine version) and I think it's responsible for putting some veritcle in my groups.. I need to get this fixed before elk season so time is short.
    Elkbane

hailstone

Re: Conversion of Short Action Mag to Blind Mag

You already have most of the parts needed in your old setup. When you get the correct stock for your rifle take the DBM and press in on the sides near the bottom. This will release the tabs on the bottom cap from the magazine. Take the follower, spring and housing inserting into the stock blind magazine cutout. There is a small 90 degree bend bracket that you will have too get from some source. This holds the magazines rear end in the stock magazine well. The other leg of the bracket is sandwiched between the action and stock. The magazine for the WSM's is different from other cartridges such as the 22-250, 308/30-06 case heads and the magnum cases such as the 7mm Rem Mag. It's short action length based.