Thread: DIP tactical Bolt Knob

Basic Member

DIP tactical Bolt Knob

I'm thinking of putting a larger bolt knob on my MKII BV as it is hard to get ahold of as is. Does anyone have any experience with the DIP bolt knobs or some other brand? Also what is your thoughts on a smooth or knurled surface? I would really like to find one made of SS if at all possible unless you think it would make the bolt too heavy. The shank will be threaded 1/4-20. Thanks for your thoughts on this project.

Basic Member
    Just in case anyone is interested. I got ahold of DIP to find out the measurements of their smooth universal bolt knob as it wasn't listed. It is 1-1/2" long and 1" dia at the end. I also found another smallish bolt knob. It is Anderson extended tactical knurled aluminum bolt knob by PT&G. You just have to cut off the extended part as it is tapped for 5/16" instead of 1/4". Then drill and tap to match threads you put on your bolt. It measures 1-3/16" long after cutting and 3/4" dia. Will be shorter and right between the two DIP universal knob diameters.

Basic Member
    Well I finally made up my mind and ordered the Anderson extended knob from Midway yesterday. It was $22.00 shipped to my door which is less than the DIP knobs. I believe the silver aluminum should contrast well with the rest of the rifle.