Smoking deal!

https://www.rkguns.com/savage-10ba-s...73873779542633

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Basic Member

Basic Member
    Those prices are amazing.

Basic Member
    No Kidding! I got that email earlier today, but did not know the difference in the chassis. Actually, I am not a chassis guy, but it sure looks like some great deals.

I'll wait for Experticity deals in the new year. Although those are good prices!

One just has to wonder how slow sales are for Savage and other manufacturers for them to keep offering these rebates on what are supposed to be their most popular and best selling models. The NSSF and NRA keep telling us that based on monthly NICS background check numbers 2017 is going to be another record breaking year for firearm sales, yet every manufacturer is offering rebate after rebate to stimulate sales. One can only conclude that the bulk of these background checks must be from used gun sales.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFurious View Post
    One just has to wonder how slow sales are for Savage and other manufacturers for them to keep offering these rebates on what are supposed to be their most popular and best selling models. The NSSF and NRA keep telling us that based on monthly NICS background check numbers 2017 is going to be another record breaking year for firearm sales, yet every manufacturer is offering rebate after rebate to stimulate sales. One can only conclude that the bulk of these background checks must be from used gun sales.
    Prices on used guns tells me that you are onto something because it looks like numbers are up only because prices are low.

Well, when you flood the market with cheap guns for a decade that's what happens - you get an overly saturated market and suddenly nothing sells unless you're giving it away.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    If only it was the left hand version....

Basic Member
    Thank goodness this has been my decade to buy guns...

Well, most of what I have purchased recently have been used firearms... Just fell into a good one today. A number of years ago I made a trade with a 6" SS GP-100, and while I don't regret the trade at all, I really missed that gun, but didn't want to pay today's prices of $699-$749 for a replacement. Found a used "new" one at my local shop for $549... guy bought it, never shot it, and traded it back in for something else. Not a SMOKING deal, but $150 off a new gun... I'll take it!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gp100 1 900.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	120.6 KB 
ID:	3479

Banned
    Standby by children and you will hear about the midnight ride of Paul Revere! (turns out that was a myth to, sad)

Ok, the reason guns are selling is they are discounting. Now they have to be a screaming deal to get the overstuffed market to buy.

Even powder is plentiful now.

...... not to mention how 30-50 million people who would have never even owned a gun not only purchased a rifle or handgun, the majority read on the internet that reloading was the way to go. Now that our nation has a chance of not falling to the villains of the world, all of that "defend yourself like in the movies" doesn't seem en vogue anymore.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepsAndGuns View Post
    If only it was the left hand version....
    It would be a little work, but the 10ba stealth chassis is ambidextrous. Buy one, sell the action and/or barrel and get a chassis on the cheap. Then drop a LH action in there.