Thread: Mii & 93r17 trigger

Basic Member

Mii & 93r17 trigger

I am ordering a rifle basix trigger since the 93r is the Walmart special and does not come with an accutrigger. However, I have a mkii fv-sr on order as well. My question, can I put the rifle basix in the fv-sr and move the accutrigger to the 93r? Whether it just be swap the trigger itself or the entire assembly. I personally like the accutriggers so if I can't no big deal.

Basic Member
    I have built a couple Walmart 93's and put the rifle basix in all of them. You will probably like it and avoid the switch. I would have to go through the parts list but I believe the ejector is different. A long while ago I used a MKII receiver and re-barreled to 22 Mag. I had to grind back the ejector a ways to be able to eject loaded rounds. Not sure if the blade is anchored the same between the two, or if you would need to purchase the correct one. A quick look at your owners manual should show the two breakdowns and if there is a difference in the parts.

Good Luck

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MoriCNC View Post
    I have built a couple Walmart 93's and put the rifle basix in all of them. You will probably like it and avoid the switch. I would have to go through the parts list but I believe the ejector is different. A long while ago I used a MKII receiver and re-barreled to 22 Mag. I had to grind back the ejector a ways to be able to eject loaded rounds. Not sure if the blade is anchored the same between the two, or if you would need to purchase the correct one. A quick look at your owners manual should show the two breakdowns and if there is a difference in the parts.

Good Luck
    Oh I'm sure I would like the trigger that's why I want it on the mkii, I will shoot that more I'm sure. Eventually I'll likely put a rifle basix on the 17 but figured in the mean time put the accutrigger there. I may just order another trigger, do both at once lol. My only worry now is I ordered the trigger for the 17 but reading on rifle basix sight they say for accutrigger model only, did I order the wrong trigger?

Basic Member

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MoriCNC View Post
    Yup, I ordered the wrong one. Looks like both will get upgraded. Thank you sir.

bigbuster1
    I just left Walmart and looked at the 93 reached for my card, but took one last look at the trigger and noticed it was not an accu trigger so no deal.
    How bad or good is the stock trigger. 95 bucks for the basix trigger , heck i can get one with accutrigger for that price. So how bad or good is the stock trigger.
    And how haed to tweek it.?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbuster1 View Post
    I just left Walmart and looked at the 93 reached for my card, but took one last look at the trigger and noticed it was not an accu trigger so no deal.
    How bad or good is the stock trigger. 95 bucks for the basix trigger , heck i can get one with accutrigger for that price. So how bad or good is the stock trigger.
    And how haed to tweek it.?
    I got home before noticing I had the non accutrigger (was in a hurry at the store). I decided to get the rifle basix. Found one on eBay for about 85. It helped tremendously. I found the stock trigger to be very heavy and distracting, and I'm not that picky. I have really enjoyed the gun since the swap, so much so that I don't know if I'd want the accutrigger version.... At least not now that I've swapped it and the work is done.

Installing the basix sav-r sear is not "drop in". I had to grind down the most forward pillar so make the sear work. Alternatively, you could shave some of the most forward part of the sear down I suppose. That was the hardest part. This guy does a decent job explaining the work required

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fscTDWFQq18

The pillar does come out of the gun. I didn't know that and used an angle grinder to shave some of it off with it on the gun. Wish I had known it was removable. It didn't hurt anything the way I did it, but it certainly could have.

So, it's a little work to get the rifle basix sear to work, but the end product is impressive. I haven't shot a accutrigger 93r17 so can't compare the two.

Here one for 84 + 3.07 shipping USPS First Class.
    http://www.eabco.net/view_cart.asp