Thread: After market A17

After market A17

The A17 Has been around for a While now and the only aftermarket goodies I have found for it are 1. 25 Round Mag. 2. Picatinny rail scope mount. 3. Aluminum charging handle. 4. And of course the Boyds stocks(which are very nice!)

Is there anything else out there? I kind of expect this gun to gain some aftermarket traction. It seems to be very popular!

I really wouldn't say a year and a half is "a while now" - especially in the firearms world. The Mark I/II/93R series bolt-actions have been around since the mid 1990's and there's not much more available for them than there is the A17. The Ruger 10/22 has been around for 50+ years now and it really wasn't until the mid to late 1990's that it really took off in terms of aftermarket support.

In short, unless a rimfire model is really tried and true the aftermarket isn't going to jump all over it and offer a ton of parts for them. Rimfires are cheaper guns and they know the vast majority of owners aren't going to spend a lot of money to upgrade them.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by MrFurious View Post
    In short, unless a rimfire model is really tried and true the aftermarket isn't going to jump all over it and offer a ton of parts for them. Rimfires are cheaper guns and they know the vast majority of owners aren't going to spend a lot of money to upgrade them.
    A well equipped 10/22 gonna cost ya in excess of 1K$, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by IamRy View Post
    The A17 Has been around for a While now and the only aftermarket goodies I have found for it are 1. 25 Round Mag. 2. Picatinny rail scope mount. 3. Aluminum charging handle. 4. And of course the Boyds stocks(which are very nice!)

Is there anything else out there? I kind of expect this gun to gain some aftermarket traction. It seems to be very popular!
    I just ordered a couple of the JWH Custom charging handles for my A17's since they were on sale. Glad they were on sale, can't say I'm too impressed. One of them worked fine, the other didn't. On closer inspection, I noticed the bad one had a slightly smaller hole in it, so the spring wouldn't seat all the way. Compared to the factory charging handle, these do stick out slightly farther from the side of the gun but the difference is negligible. The only thing I like about it is that it's metal instead of plastic, but if you are considering one of these, I would not recommend.

I think I will keep the Suhl.

Basic Member
    Aftermarket trigger from JARD. Pricy but it makes a big difference.