Thread: 1.5 lb Accu-trigger spring ?

Basic Member

1.5 lb Accu-trigger spring ?

Is Gun Shack the only place to get one ? 12 bucks for a tiny spring is kinda steep.

You could try NSS he has a sponsor site here, give them a look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]U.S. Army Retired Disabled Veteran[/SIZE][/FONT]

Basic Member
    Take this with a grain of salt but I took my accutrigger down to 1.6lbs (where I decided to stop) with some stuff I had around the house. I used a weak spring I had laying around (could buy one for $1-$2 at a local hardware store) and 10-24 screw. Cut the screw so it's just a stud and screw that into the existing spring threads on the trigger and screw it so it's just off the bottom of the action. The screw is there to hold a standard spring in place. Take the weak spring and place it over the screw and you have yourself a light trigger...cut coils off as needed. Loctite the screw in place and the spring can't come off. Makes sure the trigger is still clean and can't accidentally fire.

I think there is a youtube video of some guy doing that but I don't remember the name of it.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jfw432 View Post
    Take this with a grain of salt but I took my accutrigger down to 1.6lbs (where I decided to stop) with some stuff I had around the house. I used a weak spring I had laying around (could buy one for $1-$2 at a local hardware store) and 10-24 screw. Cut the screw so it's just a stud and screw that into the existing spring threads on the trigger and screw it so it's just off the bottom of the action. The screw is there to hold a standard spring in place. Take the weak spring and place it over the screw and you have yourself a light trigger...cut coils off as needed. Loctite the screw in place and the spring can't come off. Makes sure the trigger is still clean and can't accidentally fire.

I think there is a youtube video of some guy doing that but I don't remember the name of it.
    I hear ya Pardner. I have all that stuff already. I actually make that screw just long enough to be able to still remove the bolt and it takes up a lot of the overtravel as well. This 1.5 spring is for a "keep it stock" build though. I've gotten down to a 4oz " bench" trigger with that method.

Banned
    NSS has them, $8 as I remember.

Team Savage
    Gun shack list 1 for $7 must be $5 for S&H
    sounds fair to me

Basic Member
    I just unscrew stock accu-trigger spring all the way down on my 10BA Stealth and this is what I am getting:

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drybean View Post
    Gun shack list 1 for $7 must be $5 for S&H
    sounds fair to me
    Yup, that's the issue.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmaris View Post
    I just unscrew stock accu-trigger spring all the way down on my 10BA Stealth and this is what I am getting:

Wow. Now that is consistency...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    Based on this discussion I bought 3 of the light springs for my Axis' and wow, what a light and crisp pull. I don't have a trigger scale but they are pretty low now, and still pass a bump test. Thanks!

Basic Member
    I used the spring out of a ink pen and cut it down works great cost nothing 1.6lbs.

Basic Member
    My model 10, with the adjustment screw backed all the way down breaks at a consistent 15 oz. I never changed the spring, just backed the screw down to where the spring hit the top of the threaded hole.

Considering that a good portion of that "Pull Weight" is just pulling the Accu Release Lever. I treat mine as a two stage, pulling the release to "stage" then squeeze off the remaining .25 oz or so to fire.

Perhaps someone put the wrong spring in at the factory but the rifle shoots so well as is I'm not changing it.

Basic Member
    I thought I would just bite the bullet and order one from Gun Shack, but no. $7 for the spring, $5 for a handling charge and $4.11 for first class shipping.