Thread: Grayboe Stocks for Savage Possibly in 2018

Grayboe Stocks for Savage Possibly in 2018

I emailed Grayboe about Savage stocks using the "Questions" tool on their contact page.
    About a week later, I received a response from Mr. Ryan McMillan himself!

Hi Tom,Yes, likely in 2018. When they become available, we will announce it on our social media and website.

Cheers,

Ryan McMillan
    President, Grayboe, LLC

I thought this was good news so I figured I'd pass it on.
    I'd love to see Savage offer something similar to the Stealth but in a Grayboe.
    I also hope Grayboe starts offering LH stocks. The RH stocks can be inlet for a LH action but that seems like it would make for a more flexible stock if both sides were inlet.
    -Tom

Basic Member
    I've been running a McMillan A5 pretty rough for the last 2 years in match conditions. I don't think re-inletting it for left hand would hurt the rigidness at all. Grayboe stocks seem like a straight across comparison minus a few features. McMillan doesn't cut corners!

LoneWolf,
    Thanks for the heads up on that. I have no experience with fiberglass stocks so I only have my ASSumptions to go by!
    Tom

good news. i have their A5 Renegade stock on a tl3 bighorn build, i love it.
    on short actions i wonder if they will be doing both the 4.25" and 4.40"--- stagger feed/center feed actions or just stick to the now more common centerfeed....hmm?

i would guess they will stick to just the 4.40" but i could be wrong. they might inlet for both but so far they seem to want to keep it simple....
    i would for sure take one of their Terrain stocks in a 4.25" though!

Basic Member
    When I saw these stocks, they looked remarkably similar to Choate Tactical stocks. What are the advantages of these stocks vs the choate stocks?
    They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by psharon97 View Post
    When I saw these stocks, they looked remarkably similar to Choate Tactical stocks. What are the advantages of these stocks vs the choate stocks?
    Choate is cheaply made in comparison. These are basically downgraded McMillan A5's. The Grip is better, they're lighter, and the look way better than a Choate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    If im still stuck with a savage next year and not back into a rem or custom action for tactical matches. i guess i will be running a grayboe from taylor precision since they come with adjustable cheek risers and grayboe wont do em.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk