Rifle in question: Savage 10T in .308.

Current scope: Old Bushnell Banner 3-9x? with crappy Warne rings

What am I doing with it: 100-600yds known distance currently, want to work out to 1000yds.

Budget: $1000'ish.

New to the Savage, learning how to shoot long distance. Obviously, the Bushnell isn't up to the task, once I get past 100yds it's over, at least with my eyes.

I'm confused about all the different reticles. If I'm shooting known distance, is all this MOA/MIL nonsense really necessary? Once I work up the dope for my load, it's largely a matter of cranking in some elevation and windage, right?

Is FFP necessary shooting at KD? Seems like I can save a few $ by going SFP... but I don't know the downsides. One of the scope reviews I read, with a FFP scope, he said at full magnification the reticle obscured the bull at distance.

As I understand it, Japanese glass is the best (minus the European makes in some respect) but I've not found a place where they tell you glass source. I don't like China and I don't want their crap, but I don't know how to tell unless it's spelled out in the specs.

Scope brand. I understand everyone has their favorites, here's what I've gathered, in general terms... Leupold is good but overpriced for what you get. Buddy of mine has one of the new SIG optics, but I haven't really read anything good or bad about them. Can't afford the high-dollar stuff... Swaro, NF, Trij, etc, and I don't want a Vortex (based on what I have read about constant warranty returns.) Here is what I'm considering...

Burris XTR II 4-20x50
Bushnell LRS 6-24x50

I've also seen Primary Arms and Sightron listed here a few times, and I acknowledge that I don't know anything about Nikon (except their camera stuff,) Redfield, and some of the others.

So... without being too brutal, let me know what you think and what I need to be looking for.