Thread: GRS yet?

Basic Member

GRS yet?

Anybody get one? I have in 6.5 Creedmoor but haven't gotten to shoot it yet. Still waiting on components. What scope are you using? Rings?

Pictures or it didn't happen.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

I just got mine also, mounted a Nightforce NXS 8-32*56 MOAR-T with Nightforce rings. I took the oem rail off and replaced it with a Badger 20 MOA rail. I put a sling stud adaptor on it so I could mount my picatinny rail Altas bipod to it.It's the first 6.5 CM I've owned but one of my shooting buddies has one that he reloads for so I hope to get some tips from him.

Basic Member
    I just have a Weaver V-24 on mine for load development. Hoping my powder gets here today...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0618.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	249.7 KB 
ID:	3290Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0619.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	227.0 KB 
ID:	3291Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0622.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	243.4 KB 
ID:	3292
    pics of my new GRS

Basic Member

Here's mine. SAV-2 trigger, Mikulek brake, Weaver V-24 and rings, TipTop bipod.

Do you handload, or shoot factory ammo? I have had one of these rifles in 6.5 Creed for several months now, and have had a hard time finding a sweet spot for a handload. I'd be interested in anything you can pass along from your experience.

Quote Originally Posted by KSLawDog View Post
    Do you handload, or shoot factory ammo? I have had one of these rifles in 6.5 Creed for several months now, and have had a hard time finding a sweet spot for a handload. I'd be interested in anything you can pass along from your experience.
    I built a 6.5 Creed not long ago using a factory varmint weight barrel. I'm still trying to find the sweet spot after 200 rounds of break in. So far it's not consistent with accuracy. One day it shoots nice little groups and the next it's the complete opposite. Best I've been able to get out of it is a 3.2" average at 450 yards.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67