Hello ladies and gents...I am new to the forum here and with a couple of new purchases thought this would be a good place to share and gather info. I bought my daughter a model 11fycak for an upcoming elk hunt based on lots of research and Savages reputation as "out of the box" shooters. She drew a once in a lifetime tag at the ripe old age of 13 and of course that requires the purchase of a new rifle. I mounted a 4.5x14 Leupold VX III on it with Burris 2 piece steel bases and Signature Z rings with the poly bushings. The only issue is I cannot get this thing to shoot. I have about 80 rounds through it now and the best group I have been able to shoot is 2 1/4 inches at 100. Most are closer to 3-4 inches. Occasionally it throws one out there 3 or 4 inches. I have checked all the action screws, bases, rings, etc etc. I have tried 3 different kinds of factory ammo (I ordered 3 more today). I don't reload at the moment and the season opens in a month so that is probably not an option right now. Has anyone else tried one of these rifles? Any recommendations would be great!! Tomorrow I am going to try a different scope and rings just to rule out that option but I really don't think that is the problem. I realize this thing is extremely light barreled and have been letting it set a minimum of 5 minutes between shots. I have shot it clean, shot it dirty, brake on, brake off, shot it upside down, standing on my head, etc etc and I just can't get it. I have been shooting it off of a bench. There is not contact with the barrel or stock while shooting. I have tried it a couple of different ways and it shoots the best (if you can call them that) groups shooting free recoil. I really hope my new LRH in 300 wsm shoots better than this! I don't claim to be the worlds best shot but shooting 1 moa groups from a bench with any of my other rifles is never a big issue. I would be happy at this point to get 1.5 out of this little beast seeing as how my daughters is not going to be taking any shots over 200 yards. Feel free to chime in with any info you might have to add or tricks of the trade I may have missed or forgot to mention.