Thread: Kinda Surprised...

Kinda Surprised...

I'm kind of surprised how quiet this forum has been. I figured of all the new products this year, the new B-Series rimfires would be the biggest sellers and garner the most interest (cheap to buy, cheap to shoot, and Savage's excellent reputation with rimfire rifles and all). I can only assume that everyone is loaded up with the older Mark I/II/93's and don't have need for another rimfire rifle at this time (as if!).

Basic Member
    Yea, I thought there would be more play with the new style stock. Well, I have the money in my drawer from selling my 93FSS 22 WMR that I "intend" on using for a Model B 17HMR, but just haven't been moved by the spirit yet. Still watching the rim fire section for a few more reports. plan on using my Mueller 4.5x14 on it.

Well, having just bought the TRR-SR & Ruger MkIV 22/45 to go with my Sparrow, I'm kinda tapped out on 22's.... other projects to work on.

Team Savage
    I sold my 93R17 HB last month and replaced it with a A17 Target Sporter with laminated stock. What a blast! It is very accurate and it hasn't missed a beat with everything I've feed it so far. The 10-R mag is a little hard to clip in place and I've already lost one. The Butler Creek 25-R mag is easier to use. I'm not sure what needs to be done to smooth out the gritty feel of the rim-fire Accutrigger.

Quote Originally Posted by jpdown View Post
    I sold my 93R17 HB last month and replaced it with a A17 Target Sporter with laminated stock. What a blast! It is very accurate and it hasn't missed a beat with everything I've feed it so far. The 10-R mag is a little hard to clip in place and I've already lost one. The Butler Creek 25-R mag is easier to use. I'm not sure what needs to be done to smooth out the gritty feel of the rim-fire Accutrigger.
    In my experience the only rimfire AccuTriggers that have that gritty feel are on the semi-auto's as they're a totally different design than is on the bolt guns.

Basic Member
    Maybe people are reluctant to buy the B-Series rimfires because of the fiasco with the B-Mags, and it's not just the B-Mag gun itself, even the rotary magazine is awful. A customer should not have to modify a new product to make it work half decently.

I'm waiting for them to improve the rotary magazine, and to release some LH models.

If they did a LH B22 Magnum .22WMR or B17 .17HMR with a heavy barrel I might have picked one up instead of the 93R17 GLV that I bought yesterday.

A good laminated non-thumbhole stock would be another bonus. Otherwise, I'd have another Boyds stock on the way...

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron L View Post
    I'm waiting for them to improve the rotary magazine, and to release some LH models.

If they did a LH B22 Magnum .22WMR or B17 .17HMR with a heavy barrel I might have picked one up instead of the 93R17 GLV that I bought yesterday.

A good laminated non-thumbhole stock would be another bonus. Otherwise, I'd have another Boyds stock on the way...
    Savage typically brings out the LH models a year after they launch the RH models. Kind of sucks that we lefties have to wait a year, but on the bright side we aren't guinea pigs like the righties that have to endure the early production bugs and issues in the first year models. Typically by the time the LH models show up Savage has things figured out.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

That's a good way to look at it I guess.