Kind of a long story, but I just had to share it with those that can really appreciate it. Several years ago my grandson showed a strong interest in shooting. Since my chosen career had given me a skill set not really appreciated by very many here in ultra liberal Ca, I jumped at the chance to work with him. We started with the basics but as time went by and the calibers got greater, he always said, "someday I want to shoot a mile". I promised him if he worked hard and showed he was ready, I would give him that opertunity. Well that day came last Saturday and he proformed like a champ. We went to a dry lake near where we live and set 21" gong up at a GPS measured mile. I set him up with my .338 Lapua and gave him the dope card we had worked up. He adjusted the scope and within 5 shots was on target. After the barrel cooled, he put 3 additional hits on the target keeping all hits within 17". If he was a grown man I would have been very proud. Given the fact that he is 11 years old was just the icing on the cake. As we were picking up I was telling him what a great job he had done. His reply, "I think we should go for a mile and a half". Who says today's youth are lost.