Alright, so my initial review of the new X-Caliber Barrels & MFG 6.5x47 with their Cryo Treatment chambered by Apache Gun Works. I didn't do any load development, but talked with a buddy using the same components as me for an initial start load. Components list is Varget, CCI 450 Primers, and the Nosler 140RDF in Lapua brass obviously. I expected this load to yield right around 2730fps, but didn't know how it would shoot in my rifle obviously.

1st Picture is shots 2-5 (before zeroing)
2nd Picture is shots 15-20 (after zeroing and a couple patches)
And the chrono numbers from this load. Which I'm honestly pretty ecstatic about how easy it was to accomplish even with new brass and no prep other than a chamfer and some dry lube inside the necks to smooth the seating process.

Result of 5rds was an SD of 2 and ES of 6 and yielded an average velocity of 2722fps. Again very satisfied with the first outing!

Now I ran a few patches through the barrel after the first 10rds. It took 3 patches to get the Carbon out and it was clean. I don't know if this is from the outstanding lapping job done by XCALIBER, the Cryo treatment, or a combination, but easy clean up and a straight shooter.

Thank you Dustin Berg for getting this barrel over to Jim in a quick manner.

I'll talk more about this barrel after I get it to a couple practice sessions this month and matches again next month!

Shots 2-5

Shots 15-20 below shots 2-5

Looks like just a bit of tuning and this will be match ready. I should also note that these groups were fired prone with rear bag from the bed of a pick up. So, they would probably be tighter with a better shooting platform!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk