Thread: 12 fv with Boyd's at1

Bull800

12 fv with Boyd's at1

I just put together my 12 fv 308. I shortened the barrel 4 inches and put a 11 degree crown on it. I fitted a new boyds at1 stock. This thing just needs a few rounds down the barrel. Has anyone else got one of these stocks yet?

Last edited by J.Baker; 05-27-2017 at 01:30 AM. Reason: Image Fixed

Can't embed slideshows, just individual pictures (link has to end in .jpg or .gif).

I'm supposed to be getting one to review, but no sign of it yet.

Banned
    I would like to see one in a Thumb hole version. It sure looks good. MY last TH had that basic green pattern.

Basic Member
    Did the stock come with the barrel channel wide enough for the Varmint wt barrel, or did you have to widen it? When I called Boyds, I was told that their stocks were made for light varmint barrels and would not fit a Savage Varmint barrel without work.
    Banning a gun will not solve what is a mental health crisis inflamed by incendiary rhetoric on social and television media. The first amendment in this case is less precious and more likely the causal factor than the second amendment.

Bull800
    Fit my barrel fine factory heavy barrel. I did have to fit my trigger guard. On Boyd's website there is a option for heavy barrel.

Banned
    When I got mine I got the Varmint Barrel. The barrel put in was bigger than their listed Varmints contour though it is supposed to be. I don't know which is off, no big deal. .

I just opened it up, didn't take a lot. Done that on all 3 so far, easy enough and I am no wood worker.

Basic Member
    What's the size of your barrel didn't find the varmint contour in left with dbm 😢

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Danatkins8605 View Post
    What's the size of your barrel didn't find the varmint contour in left with dbm 

As a lefty, you won't have near the options available as a righty... The gun world is Biased... However, if they offer a standard barrel channel, you would still be able to open that one up if RC20 did it to his. You just have to sand a little longer.

I just bot a Pro Varmint with a standard barrel channel, and I just sanded it out to accommodate my CBI 25" Varmint Contour (.825 @ the muzzle). It works perfectly.

Basic Member
    Right but didn't someone say Boyds warned them about opening it up due to the changeable front end

Good thought... The interchangeable pieces may influence what you can do with them. Personally, I like the concept, but it's a gimmick in my mind... Just buy the stock that is designed for what you intend to use it for.

Basic Member
    Anyone else using this stock..............and maybe have pictures? I just received an email from Boyds about this stock and thought it looked interesting. I will have two new 12FVs in the near future. I'm not sure I want to re-stock them just yet, but the features looked decent for the price.