Thread: Help installing accu=trigger

Basic Member

Help installing accu=trigger

I am having a time trying to reinstall my accu trigger after having my gunsmith re barrel it anyone in Delaware or Ocean City who could help me do this? I have searched u=tube but found none telling how to reinstall it
    A great civilization is not conqured from without,until it has destroyed itself from within. In God We Trust

Basic Member

There is a good picture of one in the FAQs section, titled Factory Accutrigger Part Numbers.

Team Savage
    Sir . if I was not on the west coast . I would be there in a heartbeat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What features are giving you trouble. Getting the safety on? The accurelease ? ????
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

this vid will give you ideas on the bottom part but the safety is a little trickier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbD2T0lfa2Y
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Banned
    Worst come to worst PM me.

I have a DVD with the procedure if RH link does not help I know it an be a bit fiddly getting the parts to line up.

I can also take one down and get you pictures one step at a time if needed.

These days with digital camera I document things when I take them apart (future help obviously )

The one thing I can say is the fit is not obvious, what looks like the right alignment the sear/ top bolt release part is actually offset and had me scratching my head a bit originally.

I am still not fast at it.

Basic Member
    Rehoboth beach is one of my favorite places, visit every year... good luck with your FCG.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RC20 View Post

These days with digital camera I document things when I take them apart (future help obviously )

Being a little "Older" than most, I used a Polaroid camera to document what things looked like before I tore it apart. Digital just doesn't require that you put anything in your armpit for 3-4 minutes before you see a picture

Team Savage
    I still use my Etch A Sketch from 50 yrs ago

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drybean View Post
    I still use my Etch A Sketch from 50 yrs ago
    Coming late to the party, I found this thread while cruising "What's New". I HAD to look closer to see what the heck Drybean could possibly be talking about! LOL

Basic Member
    My trouble is with the safety I get the long bottom slide in place but can't figure out how to attach the slide button on top I even bought a new one from savage thinking the old one was broke The trigger fell off while removing the barrel nut as I had to smack the wrench a few times to break it loose. I get it together and the safety works but when I turn the rifle upside down the top part falls off
    A great civilization is not conqured from without,until it has destroyed itself from within. In God We Trust

Basic Member
    First, remove trigger and safety from action.

Next, insert the thumb/slide button into the tang so it will slide foreward and back. Notice that when it is inserted properly it will not lift up and fall off if action is turned over because it is in the "track" of the tang... there are "wings/tabs" inserted into the slots on the side of the slide area...

next, move the thumb piece back till the recess in the bottom of the button hovers over the hole in the top of the tang... from the underside of the tang and action, place the top of the safety bar thru the hole in the tang and into the recess of the bottom of the button and then slide the button and the safety bar foreward and back... when done properly, the button and the slide should be hooked together so that they won't come apart unless lined up again in the precise spot they were when you inserted the slide into the button a moment ago. Once the trigger is installed, the slide and button cannot be put into that precise spot again until the trigger assembly is removed.

IDK if this helps, but it's the best I got.

Basic Member
    Everybody Got the trigger and safety in but no matter which way I put the spring in no luck I will have to settle the way it is I just have to reset it by hand till I can figure out how to do it Thanks all for the help