Thread: A22 No Service

CoyoteJack

A22 No Service

Hi, New to the forum. I threatened Savage I would do this so here goes.
    I bought an A22 Magnum back in December. Started out with CCI HP ammunition. I had about 5 out of 25 fail to fires (FTF).
    I got a box of A22 ammo cleaned rifle an oiled seemed OK but would still have a FTF every now and then. Contacted Savage
    through Email and she said she would send me a return authorization on Monday. Well that never happened instead I got
    an email saying problem resolved and case closed.

Well it was small game and hog season here so I decided to try it (limited to rim fire even on hogs). I got a big hog in my
    cross hairs right on his ear and click FTF. Chambered another round click FTF. Big hog got away another small one gave me a shot
    and I dropped it. I never no when it will not fire!

Reopened trouble with Savage and now 4 months later she says she will send me a return authorization. Never got it. I said how about
    I start telling people about my experience? Her reply "Closed".

This is a true story! I have heard I can get a stronger firing pin spring or polish the firing pin. I guess I will have to fix myself!

CoyoteJack
    Follow up. Well I got a much appreciated quick response from Savage. Just goes to show some rifles are good ones and some
    people are also.

You can thank me for that as I sent a link to this post off to Savage's Director of Customer Service. Savage has some of the best customer service in the industry, and it's been my experience that they've always been willing to go above and beyond to make things right for the customer when there's a problem.

CoyoteJack
    Thank you MrFurious. My rifle should be at Savage now.

Basic Member
    glad it is good to go so far
    Have had nothing but good service from Savage on my dead 17 WSM B Mag ( they built me a new one )
    my A22 shoots great

CoyoteJack
    Follow Up

I got my rifle back yesterday. Mounted my scope and sighted it in at 50 yds. Shot about 30 rounds with 0 problems! Shoots good tight groups and no FTFs.

No documents so I have no idea what they did to fix it. It seems to slam the action back harder so maybe a new spring? Thanks Savage.