Thread: Model 11 VT upgrades.

HippyGunSlinger

Model 11 VT upgrades.

Howdy everyone, This is my first post and I'm asking for some advice on getting a new stock and detachable magazine for my Model 11 VT bull barrel .308. Im looking at the

-Choate Tactical Savage Stock Detachable Mag Version II

http://www.eabco.net/Choate-Tactical-Savage-Stock-Detachable-Mag-Version-II_p_14193.html?lt_c=1&quickcart=1 and

-Savage 10/12 110/112 Detachable Tactical Magazine System for Accuracy International & Accurate-Mag Magazines - CDI Precision Gunworks
    https://www.stockysstocks.com/accessories/detach-mag-systems/savage-10-12-110-112-detachable-tactical-magazine-system-for-accuracy-international-accurate-mag-magazines-cdi-precision-gunworks.html

I wanna make sure that both of these products are compatible. Any help would be greatly appreciated and any advice on perhaps other products you may recommend will not fall upon deaf ears. Thanks

Fellow first timer here too.
    I went with a Boyds Pro Varmint. A lot of sanding to fit and the magazine does not feed right now. I am very disappointed with all the plastic "bottom metal". I am not even happy with how it shoots - but for the price...
    I have an older Model 110 that is much better than this gun even with the standard contour barrel. However, back to the original question, I like the Boyds but it is wood. I should have paid attention more as I thought it was going to be synthetic. I looked at the Choate model myself but liked the more solid look. It seems hard to find definitive answers as to fit and stock options for this rifle.
    Keep us updated on which direction you go and how it works out. I might be changing this stock again.