Thread: I now have two Savage's

Basic Member

I now have two Savage's

I found a Savage model 320 12 gauge security a couple years ago on sale so it came home with me, it's been to the range a number of times, it's been modified a little, excellent shotgun.

Last Saturday I picked up my second one a Savage Axis XP 223, I'm still waiting for an opportunity to take it for a range visit, soon I hope.

Basic Member
    It's a good start! Buying Savages becomes addictive. I now own 4!

They do get addictive, I also have two, a 10FP in 308 and a Mark II 22LR. I plan on adding something in 223 at some point. But my Savage addiction isn't as bad a my Sig Sauer addiction, I have four pistols, a suppressor, a rifle scope and rangefinder and I'm looking at another pistol.

Maybe I need an intervention. LOL

Basic Member
    Thanks for the encouragement. Addictive, yes it's true. I will have to start saving for another...LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by caymin last View Post
    Thanks for the encouragement. Addictive, yes it's true. I will have to start saving for another...LOL!
    What you really should start saving for is: All the upgrades you'll want to do to your Axis after you've shot it for awhile. LOL!!

I started out the same way just a few years ago.... Now I've built one already, and another project in the works right now!!!

Basic Member
    Absolutely, that makes more sense. I've been looking at the different things that folks have done, it's amazing. Yesterday I did a trigger mod with a good quality spring and a S/S machine screw from my parts bin, worked perfectly, haven't measured it yet but it feels a lot better now.

If it shoots as well as my 223 Axis does you'll be plenty happy with it. Just had it out to the range today to see how it would shoot with the new Boyds stock and my average from ten 5-shot groups at 100 yards was 0.6" with 50gr BT handloads. Not quite a half MOA gun, but more than adequate for shooting groundhogs out to 300 yards or so. She's a looker to!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AxisBlue223.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	58.3 KB 
ID:	2846

Basic Member
    Yes Sir, that's a beautiful looking stock, I like it a lot! One day when my budget permits I will get a Boyd's. The accuracy is very surprising, a one piece rail was added so I could get the eye relief sorted out, the best results so far have been with Hornaday 53 gr V Max. After the mods I did to the OEM plastic stock, it needed some paint, a simple diy camo job.

I have one Steven Savage 320, 12 ga.pump shotgun.