Thread: scope upgrade

mike10

scope upgrade

got a 12 power horus vision scope. I shoot 300 yards and this is at the limit of this scopes usable range. Im lookin to upgrade to a higher magnification that will handle some target shooting in more detail. I want a first plane recticle mil dot or mil based recticle and perferably 1/10 mil adjustment this is what the horus has and i like the math is easy for me. Has anyone used the horus hawk and then something else that is a noticable upograde to help bring my targets in better that wont break the bank lol. Please dont tell me ur bsa scope on 32 power does it cuz it wont glass sucks and the field of view is non existent on cheap scopes. Any seriuos help would be much apreciated.

juanjo322

Re: scope upgrade

Question to you would be how much are you looking to spend and how important is the reticle for you? I know that you prefer 1/10 adjustments due to ease of use. If money is no object then get a Schmidt & Bender I did and it's the best, clearest, most accurate and function flawlessly I got it with the P4 PMII 5x25x56, and yes I believe they are worth every cent. If money is an object then vortex is a good alternative, zeiss with rapid 600 reticle, leupolds with mildots, like everything you will need to practice practice practice. Get yourself a good scope with mils, a ballistic software and off you go..

-Juanjo

gt40

Re: scope upgrade

Take a look at my field test of my Viper FFP PST scope here:

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?...58#post5392658

gt40

PS: They have them in mil / mil like you want and you can get a custom turret for it also like I did.