This is my first post and if it doesn't belong here I apologize. I am about to flip the coin on weather to build or buy. I have read multiple threads and building appears to cost a bit more than the LRP I am looking at. I just want to make sure I am not leaving anything out. For my first build I believe I will need the following which I will source from NSS.

Varmint action with hinged floor plate (also considering a 111 to handle longer .260Rem bullet seating depths or 6.5x55)
6.5 barrel (Criterion 26")
NSS upgraded barrel nut and recoil lug
H-S Precision PSV102 stock
Action Wrench
Barrel nut wrench
Go/no-go gauges
Bottom metal?? not sure if I need this or not

This route will bring me in around $1400 whereas I can get an LRP for about $400 cheaper. I am torn since this is my first Savage and no one nearby has as an LRP to look at. I just worry the LRP will be too heavy for coyote hunting from an elevated stand that is 1.5 mile walk in through woods/grassland. Going the build route might get me a slightly lighter rifle. It was also suggested that I buy the LRP since it was my first then acquire the tools and barrel I want then sell the LRP barrel. Then there is the Predator Max but again no one has one. My ultimate would me a sturdy stock with a regular varmint barrel and not a light varmint barrel.