Thread: Stockystock help needed

Basic Member

Stockystock help needed

I bought a "as-new" model 112 varmint stock from a member here. It is a beautiful stock. But I am having a problem. When I put the action in the stock and tighten it down, the bolt will only turn approximately 25% of the distance to full battery lock. It is confirmed that the bolt is not touching the action on the way down. I figure I am getting some contact in the trigger area but I can't see where. Before I mess something up, I figured I would see what the experienced people suggest. Anyone have any advise?

Basic Member
    Loosen the action screws considerably and see what happens.

Basic Member
    Wv1951 nailed it. The front action screw is hitting the bolt lug preventing it from rotating. You either need to shorten the screw or install pillars in the stock to prevent the issue. If you have a detachable mag I would make sure it still feeds well before shortening the screw. If it does not feed well then the bottom metal may be out of position and would also be corrected by installing pillars.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    This makes sense and I will look at it later today. The stock can with pillars installed. I need to look at their height to see if they are proper.

Basic Member
    Thank you WV1951 and Cmgoff. You were spot-on with your analysis. Only had to shorten the front screw by 35 thousands of an inch to resolve the problem. Time to try this new stock.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Powell View Post
    Thank you WV1951 and Cmgoff. You were spot-on with your analysis. Only had to shorten the front screw by 35 thousands of an inch to resolve the problem. Time to try this new stock.
    After you shoot and cycle the bolt several times, take another look at the bottom of the front baffle to make sure it still isn't rubbing. You may not feel any resistance, but it will show some minor scuffing if it is still rubbing. Been there done that.

Basic Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WV1951 View Post
    After you shoot and cycle the bolt several times, take another look at the bottom of the front baffle to make sure it still isn't rubbing. You may not feel any resistance, but it will show some minor scuffing if it is still rubbing. Been there done that.

Basic Member
    Yup, needed a couple more thousandths off the screw.

Quote Originally Posted by WV1951 View Post