Thread: Metal Bottom Metal Replacement Parts Cost

Basic Member

Metal Bottom Metal Replacement Parts Cost

This article was super useful on replacing the plastic crap bottom metal on my 10T (aka 11VT), but FYI when I called savage to place the order for the metal one, it was $78 for the frame assembly and $25 for the trigger guard with bolt release. I didn't even listen to how much the metal mag bottom was after that point... I thought I had found the solution to fix this crap plastic but it's about 5x more than I expected to pay. Guess I'll continue saving for the CDI. Or for a chassis.

http://www.savageshooters.com/conten...Parts-Tutorial

Just thought I'd post in case someone else was in the same boat and I could save them the hassle of calling Savage since their online store is no longer up. Too bad. I really regret not going with a higher end model to begin with.

Team Savage
    The metal magazine bottom cap is around $19.00. So the total is around $121 dollars plus shipping for the metal trigger guard, DBM frame assembly (surround) and bottom cap. I don't believe any of the aftermarket alternatives are cheaper unless you already have the AR-style magazines. IMO, the plastic TG is the weakest link and should be replaced with the metal version. And although I'm from the old school and hate synthetic stocks and other parts, I can live with the Savage plastic Axis-style DBM and frame assembly ($20) and bottom cap ($10) when funds are a limiting factor. Especially on a hunting rifle where the Axis-style DBM magazine assembly is lighter (about 6 oz) than the metal DBM assembly.