I decided to rebarrel my 308 10T to a 6.5 Creedmoor and started my research on what barrel to buy. I planned on going with stainless but stumbled upon a good deal for a chromoly that is otherwise just what I was looking for at $100 cheaper than what I was expecting to pay. This barrel is made by Apache so I have full confidence in the craftsmanship after reading his customers' testimonials on here. I have dreams of shooting 1/2MOA at 100 and ringing steel at 1000yrds with this gun and I do reload. I tend to reload on the hot end. I would eventually like to get into competition shooting as well. Might drop this action into a chassis at some point.

I understand that SS tends to be more accurate than chromoly, but if you were in my shoes - does the cost savings outweigh the potential compromise in accuracy? Should I even expect less accuracy from the chromoly barrel? I see that chromoly is offered by many of the top barrel makers, so I assume it can't be all that bad? What kind of accuracy hit can I expect?

Thanks all!