Thread: Berger Southwest Nationals

Berger Southwest Nationals

Got my spot for the mid-range match! Glad I didn't hesitate because the slots filled up fast. This will be my first time down there and am really looking forward to it. Anybody else on the forum going?

Basic Member
    Good luck to you.. I'm thinking I'm at least a year or two out from going. I need to save up a few bucks for the trip and I want to have a rifle that I'm really confident in before I make the journey.

One main issue for me is flying there and having to ship my gear ahead of time. I've talked briefly with some folks on how they do it and it takes some planning and some $$$$$...

Basic Member
    I'll be there as well. This is my first time going and I'm glad I signed up on day one. Filled up in one day, I think. I'll be driving from Texas so I won't have to endure the headaches of flying or shipping my gear.

Quote Originally Posted by rdog52 View Post
    I'll be there as well. This is my first time going and I'm glad I signed up on day one. Filled up in one day, I think. I'll be driving from Texas so I won't have to endure the headaches of flying or shipping my gear.
    I'm driving down from Colorado. Only a 12 hr run. I agree about driving. Easier to take the stuff you need. What discipline are you shooting?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackthorn View Post
    I'm driving down from Colorado. Only a 12 hr run. I agree about driving. Easier to take the stuff you need. What discipline are you shooting?
    I'll be shooting F-T/R. I registered for both mid range and long range. And you?

I'm a member of the dark side too(F-TR). I'll just be shooting the mid-range this time. It is my favorite distance. So it'll be just Wednesday for me..

Basic Member
    Good luck to you both... I would say shoot 10's and nobody can catch you, but these days people are cleaning 600 yard targets like crazy..

Quote Originally Posted by cowtownup View Post
    Good luck to you both... I would say shoot 10's and nobody can catch you, but these days people are cleaning 600 yard targets like crazy..
    Thanks! Sorry you can't make it this year. I was going last year but a medical issue intervened, but I spent the time building my rifle and load. I think it was time well spent. Next year I'm going to Raton for the F Class Nationals...
    F-TR is pretty competitive but everybody shares the same wind goddess..

Basic Member
    Thanks! Sorry you can't make it this year. I was going last year but a medical issue intervened, but I spent the time building my rifle and load. I think it was time well spent. Next year I'm going to Raton for the F Class Nationals...
    F-TR is pretty competitive but everybody shares the same wind goddess..
    I also am planning to make it to Raton for the Nats. Should be a fun year!

Quote Originally Posted by rdog52 View Post
    I also am planning to make it to Raton for the Nats. Should be a fun year!
    What classification are you shooting? Right now I'm shooting expert working on my master..

Basic Member
    What classification are you shooting? Right now I'm shooting expert working on my master..
    I recently moved up in both mid and long range. I am high master in mid range and master in long range. Its been a 3 year steep learning curve for me - learning how to shoot prone off a bipod, learning ballistics, learning how to develop accurate loads, etc. I am still very weak at reading the wind, but I'm working at it!

I'm very fortunate to belong to a club that has many top flight F-Classers and they are all very helpful and willing to share knowledge. They have helped me a lot.

Basic Member
    Master at LR is great accomplishment... I made HM at midrange last year with a hummer 260 barrel which I shot a handful of cleans with.. I'm still SS at long range and HM is going to take some serious effort to attain.