Thread: Added Savage Model 1907 .32 Nickel (MFG 1913)

Basic Member

Added Savage Model 1907 .32 Nickel (MFG 1913)

Well I rolled the dice on a 1907 nickel .32 manufactured in 1913 and will hope it letters as having left the factory in nickel. I have a .380 that lettered that was produced in 1914 and I sure hope this one does. The online pictures are not the best but here are a few. The roll marks seem crisp as best I can tell. The wear on the grips appear to match the wear on the guns finish (Trade Mark is still visible)

Savage only made between 500-600 nickel Savages evenly divided between the two calibers so to find an original nickel one is rare, there were a lot that were nickel plated after they left the factory.

Hoping the Savage Historical Department will be staffed soon I would like a letter to confirm the original state off this pistol.

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-X50F using Tapatalk

Nice sharp lettering, I think you got lucky.
    Savage- "never say never".

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog View Post
    Nice sharp lettering, I think you got lucky.
    Thanks, my fingers are crossed. I hope I get a quick turn around on the Savage letter!

Basic Member
    OK guys an update on the nickel. 32. When the pistol came in last week the over all condition was amazing, no nickel issues bright and shiny with no flaking or dullness. Under a 21X illuminated loop I detected very fine scratches which would be expected from handling and wiping down over time. One thing I did detect was a couple of areas on each side of the frame just above the grips which appeared to be light pitting under the nickel plating and the finish on those areas had a little wave or ripple to the nickel finish. This pistol may have indeed left the factory in 1913 with a nickel finish and was refinished later in it's life. The breach bolt assembly appeared to be an original nickel finish. The loaded indicator was wearing it's original steel finish and did not show a nickel finish which would be expected. The grips were excellent with the trade mark information showing little wear which would indicate light wear on the pistol if original to the pistol. I ordered a letter on the pistol from Savage, it may well come backing saying the pistol was finished in nickel. I personally don't collect refinished pistols so I contacted the seller and they were very nice and agreed to take the pistol back for a full credit and didn't even charge me the original shipping fee. I had paid 600.00 for the pistol shipped.