Thread: Where would I send a email to to express my dissatisfaction with Savage's Canadian warranty?

Basic Member

Where would I send a email to to express my dissatisfaction with Savage's Canadian warranty?

Long story but in a nut shell I purchased a Savage FCP in .308 about 4 years ago. Out of the box it had major extraction issues. It got sent in for warranty in Canada. just about a year later I get it back same problem but worse. Back it went. In total it has been back at least 4 times ( I lost count) over a period of 4 to 5 years. I phoned Savage USA to inquire about it was told they will not talk to me contact Savage Canada. Which I did. Now I have no problem with Savage Canada, they treated me good. But it seems between the warranty place here in Canada and the Factory not much or actually nothing gets done. Months ago Savage Canada says they are going to replace the barrel no barrel shows up. Last week I am offered my money back. So I am waiting on that.

I would like to send some feedback on this situation to Savage US. but they don't seem to want any emails. Funny that.

Now I am looking to replace this rifle I like the reports on the Savage 10 BA Stealth but really worried about getting an other lemon. Plus I have ordered a chassis in anticipation of getting my original Rifle back.
    Now I won't be stuck with the chassis because I have a BAS/T here that should fit in it.

So anyone have some email address

Americans have it so good.

First off, sorry you've had a tuff go of it. From what I've heard Savage Canada's customer service is all contracted out to a third party gunsmith.

Regarding an email address, the reason Savage doesn't list one on their website or anywhere else is because they would be overwhelmed with emails. You want to contact them, you basically have to call or send snail mail.

At this point I would bypass Savage all together and politely bring the issue to the attention of the parent company, Vista Outdoor. https://vistaoutdoor.com/contact-us/

To be totally honest, I can't fathom why Savage still has the rimfire plant in Canada with the way things are these days (post 9/11). Not only do they have to import all the rifles into the U.S., but they also have to export all the barrels for them to Canada as they're made in Westfield. Then there's the cost to ship everything back and forth. It's the dumbest thing I've ever seen.