Thread: what is post 1999 stock blind magazine

Basic Member

what is post 1999 stock blind magazine

In the ongoing effort to find a short action left handed blind magazine hunting stock for the wife, and not left handed stock right handed action real funny Boyds.... I found a left handed stock advertised for post 1999 short action. Unfortunately the seller can not tell me whether it is for a staggered magazine or center feed magazine. I only have two savages and they are both staggered magazines, both acquired in the early 2000s. Can anyone tell me if they actually made anything but staggered blind magazines after 1999?

I am really hoping this stock works as it appears to be the last option besides augering out a left handed action on the weird Boyds left hand stock right hand action product.

Basic Member
    I don't know how "1999" has anything to do with any stock changes. The 2 digit short actions came out in late 1997 and all were stagger feed, until late 2005 when the new center feed versions were starting to be phased in. It wasn't until 2008 when all rifles were center feed.
    "As long as there's lead in the air....there's still hope.."

Basic Member
    Now that's funny right there, because the customer service dude treated me like I was an idiot. He said, well is it post 1999 gun or not because these stocks are for post 1999. I didn't really know since I just bought the action through NSS and never researched the thing. Then he told me to take the serial number to a Savage dealer and have them figure out the year of my gun. Mean while I'm thinking, hell I know it's a staggered magazine so why can't you just tell me if the stock you are selling is for a staggered or center feed. At this point I should probably just buy it and if it's centerfeed see what I can do with my router to make a staggered magazine fit, if that makes sense. Thanks for the help.

Basic Member
    Most of the customer service people wouldn't know a firing pin from a bowling pin....
    "As long as there's lead in the air....there's still hope.."