Thread: Did I ever tell you about....

Did I ever tell you about....

Did I ever tell you guys about the deer rifle I have that shoots so dang far I have to fill the hollow point of my bullets with salt to keep the meat from spoiling until I get to it? I shot at a deer few months ago - still waiting for the bullet to hit. That's how long of a shot it was.

My trusty rimfire rifle shoots just as far, and good thing to! Took it down to southern Ohio squirrel hunting last fall only to find out that besides the salt I also had to coat them with breading and pepper. The hollows down there are so deep and trees so high that squirrels will burn up on re-entry so you have to season them to taste when you shoot'm.

Basic Member
    That's nothing. Caught a fish so big last week that the picture weighed 12 pounds.

Basic Member
    I caught the same fish,a little piece wouldn't fit in the frying pan.
    Ya'll hang on I'm gonna drive closer

Heck, I caught one so big that I had to notify the fire marshal and get a permit to cook it.
    A good wife and a steady job has ruined many a great hunter.

Basic Member

Did I ever tell you about....

Was fishing in a river next to a bunch of old cars buried to stabilize the bank. Hooked a big ol' catfish, had her on the line for an hour before she was able to get into one, roll up the window and lock the door!

ice fishing last winter and it was so cold my coffee froze so fast the ice was still hot.

Basic Member
    first liar doesn't have a chance
    Ya'll hang on I'm gonna drive closer

Sure hope that bullet doesn't get there before deer season rolls around again Mr F.
    You might get in trouble with Mr. Green Jeans.
    But I don't have that problem since I bumped up my bighonkinjeepasaurus uber magnum wildcat load and put ceramic heat shield tiles on my bullets,
    Now they fly so fast that NORAD, NASA and the FAA require me to get clearance before squeezing one off and I cant hunt the first week of the season anymore because my bullets are so fast they got there a week ago. It's a good thing though , after I see a buck, it gives me time to get clearance to shoot approved.
    Last edited by big honkin jeep; 04-25-2017 at 12:02 PM.

kenedy
    you did your best and I appreciate it.

Did I ever tell you about taking the grandkids to the Appalachian mountains last week looking for the "Deep Hole Recreation Area"? The GPS seems to have had maps from Fernando De Soto from 1540 downloaded onto it. We followed that GPS Purple line as the road went from 4 lanes to 2 to 1 to gravel then dirt and lastly a game trail that I'm pretty sure was used by the conquistadors and probably the Cherokee before them and dinosaurs before that. It was so far back up in the woods that the temperature dropped 20 degrees and I had to turn on the headlights to see where I was going at 2:00 in the afternoon. We were so far back that the Banjos, jugs and washtub base all had amplifiers. Somehow I managed to get turned around without going off the edge of a cliff into the Toccoa river below and the GPS acted like it had me on the right track all along took me back out onto Hwy 60 and then straight to the state park about 5 miles away. Quite an adventure and true.

Team Savage
    good ones .i needed that