I purchased an OD Green .308 Scout 11 in February of '17. I was so excited to finally own a scout rifle as I had been hunting with my grandfather's WWII (not his issued rifle) 1903A3 Springfield 30-06 that weighs a ton! I went to the dealer, bought the gun and all of the trimmings, only to get it home to find out I can not shoot it. Here is where my nightmare began.

As I sight down the barrel of the gun this is what I see...... HOW DID I MISS THIS AT THE GUN SHOP!?

(After removing the rail, it appears as though the barrel was not seated properly in the reciever, misaligning the rail mounting holes and the front iron sight, it's hard to tell but the iron sight is rolled to the right as well.)

I proceed to return the gun to the dealer the next day, with a letter explaining my problem, so the dealer can send it back to Savage for me. I figure, this has to be a freak accident, they will make it right. To my surprise, I got the rifle back 1 week before they estimated; for a total of 3 weeks gone (1 week shipping there, 1 week in their possession and 1 week back). The gun dealer calls and says I need to fill out a new FFL form and pay the $10 fee again, because this is a whole new barrel and receiver assembly, therefore a whole different gun (except the OD stock which isn't manufactured anymore).

I get to the dealer, and really have no choice but to buy this second gun because all sales are final and guess what? SAME EXACT PROBLEM! Not as bad, but still there. The original rail was so bad that I couldn't even get it to zero on windage, this is better, but I am still at -5 MOA out of a total of -7 on my Vortex Scope. I can still see with my naked eye that the scope is angled in the same direction as the first rifle. For a company that harps on their ability to create a precision rifle, this is pretty piss poor.

How can their Quality Control be so negligent that a customer's replacement rifle is sent back with the exact same issue?

I am truly blown away, I will not be able to take my rifle on my spring trip because there is no way I can get it back in time(After purchasing it nearly 3 months in advance). I had heard great things about savage rifles and was ultimately drawn to their scout over the Ruger, but if this is any indicator, I might as well sell this thing and rid myself of the hassle.

Please, someone instill some faith in me. I have already called and spoken with CS at Savage and they have issued another call tag, this time I will ship it myself. If anyone has a contact that has some pull, a reference would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for any help