Thread: Article: Boyds Heritage Replacement Rifle Stock

Article: Boyds Heritage Replacement Rifle Stock

"Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    That's an awesome looking firearm!

Basic Member
    A year after your post, but I see you have a left handed stock. I have been putting together a left handed rifle for the wife and brought up Boyd's left Platinum stock. Ironically they advertise the left handed stock with a right action, I wasn't sure what they meant by that. I sent an email to Boyds for clarification with no response. So I wonder how you got a left handed stock for a left handed action. Maybe I am reading there description wrong. Maybe they will email me back.

"
    PLATINUM, SAVAGE 11 TBR, BLIND MAGAZINE, SHORT ACTION, STAGGERED FEED, LH STOCK, RH ACTION, FACTORY BARREL CHANNEL Barrel"

When you're using their drop-down menu system, the stocks for left-hand actions (LH bolt) are listed in the third (Choose Action) menu and begin with Left-Hand Bolt.

What you did was selected the "Short Action, Stagger Feed, Blind" option from the same menu. The left-hand stocks listed there are for right-hand actions but setup for a left-hand shooter. In other words, they have the cheek piece or thumbhole arrangement for a left-hand shooter but are cut to take a right-hand barreled action for those lefties who buy RH rifles because they're easier to find or because they can get them in configurations that aren't offered in a lefty.

At present Boyds doesn't have any LH options for the older TBR Stagger Feed short actions in their menu system, at least not that I can find. Everything they list in the menu that's LH is for the newer center feed actions.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain