Thread: Rifle Basix SAV-2 in Model 10 with bottom bolt release in MDT-TAC-21 Chassis??

Basic Member

Rifle Basix SAV-2 in Model 10 with bottom bolt release in MDT-TAC-21 Chassis??

Has anyone installed a SAV-2 on a rifle that originally had the Bottom Bolt Release and Accustock in a TAC-21 or similar chassis.

According to the literature the SAV-2 will not work with bottom bolt release and accustock but i'm wondering if taking the Accustock out of the picture makes a difference? The MDT Tac-21 accommodates both the old Top bolt release AND bottom bolt release triggers so I'm guessing it should accept the SAV-2 but hearing how it might have worked for others would be great.

Anyone?

I posted something a while back for a XLR Bottom Bolt Release Chassis.

Sav 2 Install

The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Basic Member
    I think there is a difference in the XLR chassis and the MDT TAC-21. No more bottom button in the trigger guard, period, with the MDT. To release the bolt there is a small slot in the RH side of the chassis where you push the sear back using a bullet tip, etc, while pulling the trigger. No button, can't see what needs modifying at that point. Just wondering if the BBR trigger assy has anything that will be hindered by any part of the chassis.

The more I look at the install video for the SAV-2 the less I see to be an issue as long as I don't have the Bottom Button to work with. Am seriously considering just ordering one and keeping everything neat and clean should I have to return it.

Appreciate the response.

There is no doubt they are different. I think that XLR perfected the bottom bolt release mechanism. It is just not designed for the heavy trigger hanger of the Sav 2.

The first two pictures from the linked post will come in handy if you decide to do the install. If you don't plan on making those modifications, don't bother ordering it you will end up returning it.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.