Thread: Savage 110 30-06 from 1962

Savage 110 30-06 from 1962

I just inherited my dad's old 110 in 30-06 I believe it was manufactured in 1962. He bought it in Alaska from a friend back in 1979 and only used it a couple of times. It is in incredible condition. Anyone else have a similar 110? What are your experiences with it? I'm excited to take it out to the range this week.

Tried to upload photos but I can't seem to figure that out

Upload to a photo site. Then paste the link given in the "insert image" box.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyShackelford View Post

I just inherited my dad's old 110 in 30-06 I believe it was manufactured in 1962. He bought it in Alaska from a friend back in 1979 and only used it a couple of times. It is in incredible condition. Anyone else have a similar 110? What are your experiences with it? I'm excited to take it out to the range this week.

I have my dad's 110L in 30.06 it was bought when I was born in Feb of 1961 at Montgomery wards in Albuquerque. I still have the cleaning kit and the receipt. I love shooting that gun, but alas, I am becoming recoil shy as I age. Enjoy that gun it is a fine shooter. Mine eats any ammo I can throw at it and does so with decent accuracy for its age.

Thanks Dad

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyShackelford View Post

Use this 3rd party hosting site. It’s very easy & 100% free. You don’t even need to sign up or provide your Email. Simply upload the pictures from your device, then click the image & copy/paste the BBCode from the links. Finally just paste the saved BBCode URL directly in response here on the thread. Easy-peasy, I no kid Ye!

Team Savage

Have one older, they are nice to have but parts are sometimes difficult to obtain. Shoot and enjoy it.

That’s awesome you still have the cleaning kit and receipt to go with it… how much was it back then?

Banned
    Sorry..forgot to link the site from my other post. Here it is: https://imgbb.com/

Then follow what I said from post #5

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pdog06 View Post
    That’s awesome you still have the cleaning kit and receipt to go with it… how much was it back then?
    $99.99 on sale.

Thanks Dad

Team Savage
    I found one like that. I think it was also a '62 in '06. Got it for a song at Collectors Firearms in Houston on a black thursday deal. Barrel was completely shot out but the action was butter and the stock looked great. So I had McGowan build a 7x57 barrel for it and rebarreled it, then put a Timney trigger in it. It was pretty sweet. Never should have sold it but the guy who bought it was beyond thrilled to get it.