Thread: Synthetic Stock Photo Fest!

Synthetic Stock Photo Fest!

This thread is strictly for showing off your aftermarket synthetic stocks. Doesn't matter if it's carbon fiber, fiberglass, plastic or ?? - if it's a synthetic stock show it off here! Don't forget to specify the brand/pattern of the stock and the color/pattern of the finish.

(please try to keep the commentary to a minimum as I want this to ultimately be a reference post people can look at to see color/pattern combo's and the like without having to filter through pages and pages of chit-chat)

Ok I'm in
    this is my Savage 111 in 7mm Rem Mag
    it now sits in a Choate Super Sniper Stock inletted for AI .300 win mag magazines by Jeff @ CDI these are plenty big enough for my hand loads
    its got a 24" stainless Shillen Match Bull Barrel 1in8 twist with Ratchet rifling to spin 195g berger EOL Elite hunters its threaded and capped ready for a can
    20 moa rail with a SWFA SS 3-15 Mill/Mill Quad Scope and a Harris bi-pod
    it's also got a 1 lbs mercury recoil reducer mounted in a quick release light mount on the side so when shooting by myself i can settle it down to spot my own shots
    custom rattle can paint job still kinda new it will look better as it gets worn in
    right now it's shooting right about 1/2 MOA. better on a good day my best group so far has been 5 rounds about 3/16" CtoC @ 100 yards
    i've just settled on my pet load but have yet to test it thoroughly i'm loading 69.4g Reloader 50 and getting about 2500 fps

My custom 22-250AI is the only long gun I own with a synthetic stock presently. It's a Stockade Woodchuck with a custom digital desert camo paint job

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00110.JPG 
Views:	647 
Size:	98.1 KB 
ID:	2979

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00495.JPG 
Views:	648 
Size:	76.9 KB 
ID:	2980

Here is a Choate tactical I bought for my 110FP in 25-06.
    It's one of the few long action, heavy barrel, blind mag, synthetic, aftermarket stock options available. It comes with full length aluminum V block bedding and includes action screws and a trigger guard from the factory and at a pretty good price. It's also a good bit lighter than their super sniper and varminter stocks and they even come in a left handed option.
    I painted this one in a custom sponge camo using 4 different colors of rustoleum camo paint by first diagonally striping it with khaki and army green and then sponging over the khaki with forest green and over the army green with earth brown. It's done using a sea sponge from the craft section of the local wally world. I sealed the whole thing up with Testors "dull coat" lacquer for a really hard durable non reflective finish.
    Last edited by big honkin jeep; 04-19-2017 at 04:32 PM.
    A good wife and a steady job has ruined many a great hunter.

Basic Member
    Very nice!

Basic Member
    Wow! My nephew just gave me a Savage Axis XP with scope in .308 win. Gun is new in unopened box built in 2012. Pics as soon as I get the rifle in my hands. He is in Washington and I'm in Colorado. So we have to go thru an ffl there is one right down the street. Does $25.00 transfer. This will be my third Savage. He is also sending a case of ammo for it.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk