Thread: 93r17 BSEV scope mount question (need advice)

melmark

93r17 BSEV scope mount question (need advice)

First off, thanks for allowing me to join this nice site. I have been reading posts as a non-member for some time trying to decide which rimfire rifle I want to purchase. I decided on a Savage 93r17 BSEV and went to a local gunshop to order one. I will be getting it in a few days and now have a couple concerns about the scope mounts. I ordered a Mueller 4.5-14x40 AO APV. scope and Burris Zee medium rings #420085 from an online source. I ordered online because the prices were much better than I could do at a local shop.

My concern is that I have read numerous posts from folks that talk about the rings not tightening adequately making it necessary to remove the stock bases and install an aftermarket base in order to get things to tighten up. Is this a random issue or is it likely that I will see the same problem with the components that I have ordered?

I would like to get everything that I need when I go to pick the rifle from the gunshop. Anyone with this setup out there who can offer advice?

I also plan to add a swivel stud for my Harris bipod and a sunshade for the scope.

Cant wait to buy a bunch of various ammo and see which shoots best from my gun, thanks in advance for any advice for this newbie.

Mark

Basic Member
    Sometimes it's as simple as the screws are a thread too long. Really comes down to the quality.

You might be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

melmark
    Ok, thats what I was hoping, guess I'll wait till the goods arrive and see how I make out. Thanks for the reply.

Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by mjcmichigan View Post
    Sometimes it's as simple as the screws are a thread too long. Really comes down to the quality.

You might be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk