A stainless Axis .270. First trip to the range, it acted like it wants to shoot, but the trigger was terrible- over 6 lb. Shot a 1.25" 3-shot group even with the awful trigger.

So, I replaced the trigger spring giving me a 3.5 lb pull. Shot it again, and got a 3-shot group under 1".

Still, one problem- as I apply pressure to the trigger, the point of aim drops down on the target. The rear of the action rises up in the stock from the trigger pressure. If I hold down the rear of the tang with my thumb, it does not do this. Yes, the action screws are tight. So the barreled action "rocks" forward in the stock from trigger pressure.

The problems I see are-
1. The rear action screw is not back far enough to hold the tang down. Most centerfire rifle have an action screw at the tang area. I don't see an easy way to fix this.
2. On the other end, the barreled action does not contact the stock forward of the barrel nut. A possible fix might be to glass-bed the rear 3 or 4 inches of the barrel.

Another option would be a shim to have the forend tip put upward pressure on the barrel. I tried this at the range, and it seemed to help, but I'm not sure how this would work long term given the stock is not super rigid.

Anybody else see this? Somebody have a nice fix? I'm not looking to replace the stock.