Thread: Extraction/Ejector Kits

Extraction/Ejector Kits

Does anyone besides SSS sell enhanced extraction/ejector kits for 110's.

Basic Member
    I have done this search too with little success. Only found the one at SSS. The kit has good reviews though. Will probably be ordering 2 soon as mine are barely extracting and kicking cases out now.

Would order one from SSS but don't want to risk the possibility of several months of waiting for delivery.

Basic Member
    I just ordered one and was told it would ship the next day. I haven't called to verify. The lady I spoke with was almost instant to reply to my email and call me. I will have to check Monday morning to verify it actually shipped.

Is SSS known for poor CS or shipping?

Is SSS known for poor CS or shipping?
    A few have been critical from time to time. However, Fred does good work so....sort of a balancing act.

Basic Member
    I have one installed on my rifle. After installation i had feeding issues... The new ejector plunger was longer and was very flat with very little radius. After a round was stripped from the mag it would "bounce" and bind up on the ejector pin. I had to grind a radius more like the factory pin. It works fine now with no complaints. This is in a xlr chassis with aics pmags. Hard to to say if you would have these issues.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I've had very good results doing business via email with Lisa and recieved them in a timely manner on the small parts type stuff.

Fred has done 2 actions for me and they are prized possessions as far as I'm concerned. The Gunsmithing work requires an appointment and an authorization number to ship it to them. I got the last action back 90 days from post office to post office. The first one I had him do was a similar time frame. I was under the understanding that this is how it works and it may take a while.

You read all the negative about the but there's always 2 sides to every story. I've never seen them climb into a thread where someone was complaining about them which I find admirable. Stuff happens and I wonder how much of this stuff is people not securing an appointment and/or shipping projects in without the authorization/ID number.

In my experiences they are good people and they will get more of my business in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by 6.5savageguy View Post
    I've had very good results doing business via email with Lisa and recieved them in a timely manner on the small parts type stuff.

Fred has done 2 actions for me and they are prized possessions as far as I'm concerned. The Gunsmithing work requires an appointment and an authorization number to ship it to them. I got the last action back 90 days from post office to post office. The first one I had him do was a similar time frame. I was under the understanding that this is how it works and it may take a while.

You read all the negative about the but there's always 2 sides to every story. I've never seen them climb into a thread where someone was complaining about them which I find admirable. Stuff happens and I wonder how much of this stuff is people not securing an appointment and/or shipping projects in without the authorization/ID number.

In my experiences they are good people and they will get more of my business in the future.
    Well put. There are times when it is easy to get impatient but I don't mind, SSS always comes through. Rumors are Fred is 106 years old. I think the fact that he can still post on this forum,( and I have to search all my notes on what he has posted in the past 11 years trying to figure out his cryptic one line message) says a lot about good clean living with a wonderful bride..
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.