Thread: Vortex Viper

Mr. Snerdley

Vortex Viper

Well, boys, I am going to go ahead and take a chance on one of these scopes. I talked to them today and they said the Viper has been tested on a .50 cal gun with no problems. Of course, this was them talking, but I believe maybe it could hold up to a .243. I hope I have not made a wrong decision.

They do have a good warranty if they stay in business. That is something some have not thought about. If they go out of business, you have nothing, but based on what I have heard on various forums and some firsthand experience with people that own one of their scopes, I believe this may be an up and coming company. I certainly hope so.

My second choice is a Nikon. They are a much more well known company, but in this day and age, nothing is certain.

Senderofan

Re: Vortex Viper

I just purchased a Viper 6.5-20X by 50mm. A close friend has owned one for the last 2-3 years...not a lick of trouble. One of the forum sponsor's here has a tremendous sale on them:

http://www.cameralandny.com/optics/v...exviper6-20x44

You can get a 4-12X or the 6.5-20X for $249. I purchased a Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14X SF a little over a year ago for $279. I think the Viper's glass is as good or better...plus it's a 30mm scope tube and has better turrets. CameraLand is a great place to order from BTW.

Good Luck...I don't think you'll be disappointed with a Viper.

Wayne

The 4-12x is a 1 inch tube, not a 30mm tube. Only the 6.5x20's are 30 mm tubes. I now have 4 viper scopes. I bought 1 6.5-20x50 with the mil-dot at "regular" price a while back. I've been very pleased so far. I just bought 3 more vipers from Cameraland. 2 are the 2-7x, and 1 was a 4-12x. If they keep in stock long enough, I may buy another 4-12x and a 6.5-20x44 next month.

I got my order in less than a week. Call and ask for Neil, he's great to deal with. I've bought from them 5 or 6 times now, and Neil recognized my name when I gave him my info. Great company, will not hesitate to buy from again.

I put one of the 2-7x scopes on my 375 H&H. I'm not worried about it holding up.
    12F, McGowen 6.5x284 1-8&quot; twist, Nightforce 12-42x BR<br />BVSS, McGowen barrel, 22-250 1-9&quot; twist, Nikon 6-18x<br />16 FHLSS Weather Warrior, Sinarms 257 Roberts, Pentax 3-9<br />Stevens 200, 223 bone-factory-stock, Nikon 3-9x<br />Scratch-built BVSS, LW 243 1-8&quot; twist, Viper 6.5-20x50 mil-dot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Snerdley
    Well, boys, I am going to go ahead and take a chance on one of these scopes. I talked to them today and they said the Viper has been tested on a .50 cal gun with no problems. Of course, this was them talking, but I believe maybe it could hold up to a .243. I hope I have not made a wrong decision.

They do have a good warranty if they stay in business. That is something some have not thought about. If they go out of business, you have nothing, but based on what I have heard on various forums and some firsthand experience with people that own one of their scopes, I believe this may be an up and coming company. I certainly hope so.

My second choice is a Nikon. They are a much more well known company, but in this day and age, nothing is certain.
    Dud, you didnt take a chance AT ALL!!! You just bought one hell of a scope for the money. Be Happy!!!

It sounds like you bought it without doing much research on them. We&#39;ve been talking about them around here for a year or so now, and I think most if not all of it has been positive.

I have 2 now, but have bought 6 or 7. All of them track perfectly, and are very clear. For that price you wont find a better scope IMO.

You made a good choice my friend.
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

muzzler

Hey guys, check SWFA right now they are having a sale on the 6-24x50 mildot...99.50 before shipping....FYI.......after the comments posted here about them i am going to look at them again!

Quote Originally Posted by muzzler
    Hey guys, check SWFA right now they are having a sale on the 6-24x50 mildot...99.50 before shipping....FYI.......after the comments posted here about them i am going to look at them again!
    That is not the Viper it is a Crossfire. I ordered one back in May and got it last week, they seem to be a constant back order with a waiting list.
    It was $111.20 tmd. Nice and clear, 1" tube, will put on a new build soon and try it out.
    FROGGY
    See profile for fire arms
    Do it today there maybe no tomorrow

muzzler

Yes, your correct on the price being the crossfire.....I was/meant referring to vortex`s. You guys have told me more than I ever new about them.The prices for them was surprising. I have allowed myself to be burned several times on low priced type that claim high dollar results (coulda had a v-8...Lol)..but not sure of the order you placed? Was it the crossfire? Let us know how it it holds after a box of ammo through it....thanks