Thread: 110 BA Stealth stock options

Poolguy

110 BA Stealth stock options

I seek wisdom......or at least a couple dozen opinions! Just purchased a 110 BA stealth in 338 LM. I really don't care for the stock anyone ever replaced one of these? For what its worth I also bought a rpr in 6.5 and put a magpul PRS on it almost immediately. Im thinking a PRS on the stealth as well. any opinions

Basic Member
    Like you I too just got the 338 stealth and I'm on the fence about the stock, the only draw back I have on the PRS is weight, I have one on my AR-10 and love it except for the weight it adds to the system. I'm going to give the GL Shock a chance before I completely throw it under the bus but to be real it doesn't really match the rest of the look that Savage has with the Stealth system.

Poolguy
    Im probably going to do the same but don't have high hopes for the stock. Im waiting for my scope and rings to come in so I guess time will tell. I also looked at a Luth ar stock that seemed interesting. Im very concerned about weight if the fit is good. Please keep me posted on what you decide and ill do the same

Basic Member
    I have only had the Luth AR, fixed and I like it alot on my .204 AR. The adjustments are nice and firm.

REDDOGAGGIE
    I'm looking to get a stealth as well. I didn't like the cheek piece so I checked out MDT (maker of the stock). Looks like they have a new butt coming out next month or two. Fully adjustable and probably different colors.

Look at the Luth AR in MBA 1 or MBA 3. Both are nice, difference is one is fixed and other adjusts like carbine stock. Only drawback is the butt plate is hard.

Poolguy
    would that be an issue with the womp of a 338lm? im not a little guy so am in no way recoil sensitive. I have 5 other 338

Basic Member
    Cadex has some nice stocks. Pricey though. Poolguy, you have 5 338? All Lapua Magnums or others? Got to be very expensive feeding them. Worst that kids. Post some pics if you can. I got my first 338LM recently. Currently doing load development with 285 ELD-M.
    Savage 10 FCP-SR 308, 300BO PCS

Basic Member
    There is no cushion or give in the Luth AR stock I have. But, I shoot a 24" heavy barrel in .223 or .204, in AR 15s, so I don't notice...

Poolguy
    bearcatrp
    I have a browning 338 win mag, a 338 x 378 weatherby mag, a 338 ultra mag, the 338 lapua and a 338 edge. I reload so not to expensive but if ya start with the 338-378 every thing else seem fairly reasonable lol and a few 300 mags and if you really want to get punished I have a 450 marlin that is waaay more fun to watch other people shoot then to shoot your self

Hawaiian
    Quote Originally Posted by Poolguy View Post
    bearcatrp
    I have a 450 marlin that is waaay more fun to watch other people shoot then to shoot your self
    I have a twisted sense of humor, but the images that brings to mind are funny as sh....

Basic Member
    I reload so know the costs. Used to have a 50 BMG that I reloaded for. Enjoyed watching folks get that big shit eating grin after I let them shoot it. Since selling it, wanted another big boomer that could be shot at local ranges. So do each 338 have a specific purpose or did the 338 bug bite hard?
    Savage 10 FCP-SR 308, 300BO PCS

Basic Member
    I was very disappointed with the stock on my 6.5 Stealth and replaced it with an XLR and also put the side folding adaptor on it. It's not cheap ($225 for the stock) and $115 for the side folder but well worth it to me. I finally was able to get out and shoot it today for the first time and am really happy with the rifle.