Hi folks, I recently purchased a 116 Trophy Hunter XP in 300 WM. It so far has been a 1-1.5" shooter for me but my POI shifts depending on how I'm gripping the gun or from different shooting positions. I'm thinking that a sturdier stock will help this as long as make it more accurate. I was browsing Numrich's site and found a lot of nice wood stocks for the top bolt release 114 model but not really any for a bottom bolt release. I understand that the trigger guard on the bottom bolt release is thicker than the top bolt release trigger guard. The magazine frame maybe different. I have already purchased all of the bottom metal components from Savage to convert to a wood stock as I was originally thinking about going with Boyds but the stocks at Numrich are so much cheaper. It seems like I should be able to make one of the top bolt release stocks work with some inletting/fitting but I just want to make sure. Besides having to do some more inletting do any of you see any problems I may run into?

Thanks,

Chris