Hello, I recently purchased a model 12 VLP in 204 Ruger. I broke the barrel in over several trips to the range and noticed some feeding issues but actually was not concerned. After the break in period I got serious about my zero, so was loading the clip for multiple rounds down range. I never had a clip that fed without one or two misdeeds or total jams.

See my YouTube link below.https://youtu.be/-9dG-uYb3OE

After videoing in slow motion, I was able to see the back of the rounds were "popping" up prior to exiting the end of the flair at the end of the mag. retention. I contacted Savage and they stated it must have been a spring or clip defect and promptly sent me another magazine. The same problem. I have two friends with the exact same gun (we found a good price and purchased) but I was the first to shoot. All 3 guns fail to feed... VERY FRUSTRATING. Since I had an extra magazine to experiment with I started trying to fix the problem. I pushed down the magazine spring and floor plate and slid a pin thru a hole in the magazine to hold it down. This allowed me to be able to put the top portion of the mag. into a gun vice and very slowly compress it until I finally compressed it enough not allowing the bullet to prematurely pop up early. It took about 10 precise squeezes... Since doing this I have chambered 50 rounds without 1 jam. I'm finally happy but on a $1000 MSRP gun these should have NEVER left the factory....