Thread: help me build my rifle

help me build my rifle

hello people, i have a steven 200 (savage 10 short action centerfeed 4.40 action screwholes) 308 rifle with a k4 weaver scope on it, and 3 mdt aics mags. i was gona buy an mdt chassis , just that it cost too much. if any of you experts rifleman can figure out the cheapest way for me to slap a stock with detachable mag system please give me advice , it will be nice to have stock leng of full adjustable , may be using spacer like those choate stocks, am a lilttle guy so my guns have short lop , just that one time i let a giant of a friend shoot my rifle and recoil of the rifle cause the scope to smack him right on the head , i dont mind buying a used rifle stock either .

Basic Member
    Have looked at XLR chassis? The are (I believe) cheaper than MDT chassis and from mere surfing I like them more too.
    I'll be building my first rifle, so I'm not the guy to dispense advise. But do have a look at the XLR line of chassis and stocks.

A Boyds Laminate may be your cheapest option... Not sure though as it would have to be altered to accept the AICS mags. I have seen them done though.

Boyd's laminates are great for a budget, but if you want a "true" chassis system, I'll second the XLR, particularly the Element. Still a little spendy, but considerably cheaper than an MDT... and they do accept AICS & compatible mags.

Cloudrepair
    I'll third the xlr element, very happy with mine.
    If you go with another quality stock and 150-200 for bottom metal that accepts aics mags your getting close to the cost of the element.
    The element gives length of pull adjustments and more.

well guys , thank u for the advices , i look really hard at xlr element chassis and it cost big money , and am not a sniper , so i am not going to spend a lot of cash on a rifle that i shoot one in a while . ill buy a Accurate-Mag bottom metal kit (130 dollars) and drill out the plastic gray stock that come with the rifle and install it , being a machinist am sure i can do this. and ill buy a limp saver recoil pad and use it when ever i want to change the gun lop . some day i will find the correct stock for a steven 200 and Accurate-Mag bottom metal kit on ebay that will be great.